Welcome back to another week with your favorite blogging team! Check out these 5 must-reads this morning to get you going.
1. Today Is The ‘Right Day’ To Raid Volkswagen For Its Top Talent: A right day is any day or time period where a normally reluctant top-performing employee would be significantly more likely to say yes to an offer to consider a new job.
2. The Rise of the Outrageously Long Commute: Some businesspeople are working half of the week in far-off countries or catching 3 a.m. trains just so that they don’t have to uproot their lives at home.
3. Sheryl Sandberg: When Women Get Stuck, Corporate America Gets Stuck: Today, LeanIn.Org and McKinsey & Co. are releasing Women in the Workplace 2015, a comprehensive study of the state of women in corporate America.
4. GE runs an intense 5-year program to develop executives, and only 2% finish it: It is officially known as the corporate audit staff (CAS) — but internally it is called the Green Beret program. About 200 to 300 hopefuls enter the program each year, but only 2% complete the process to land an executive-level position.
5. GoogleGIFs plugin will auto-play GIFs in your Google search: However, the GoogleGIFs Chrome Extension is here to save the day… And your time. It automatically loads all GIFs that show on your Google results page.
Have a great week, FOT Nation!
Cara is the Marketing Manager here at Kinetix and resident Renaissance woman. She refers to herself as a writer, but we think that’s limiting. Instead we call her many things: co-strategist, idea machine, brand builder, Kinetixizer, social-media plugger, blogger, and all-around creative specialist. If you wanna schmooze, try talking DIY and fitness, then top it off with a quick kid or pet mention—gets her every time. Tweet her at @caralucas44.