Welcome back to another great week with your favorite blogging team! Check out these 5 must-reads to get your day started.
1. Dell just announced the largest tech acquisition ever: EMC for $67 billion: You might not have heard of EMC, but it’s a technology behemoth that runs many of the services you use today. The company provides datacenter storage for large technology companies — and today, it’s been acquired by Dell.
2. How Artificial Intelligence Is Finding Gender Bias At Work: A new wave of artificial intelligence companies aims to spot nuanced biases in workplace language and behavior in order to root them out.
3. Black Workers Really Do Need to Be Twice as Good: There’s data that demonstrates the unfortunate reality: Black workers receive extra scrutiny from bosses, which can lead to worse performance reviews, lower wages, and even job loss.
4. This simple exercise can make you more powerful in any situation: For those who’ve got minimal time and attention to spare, there’s a simpler strategy that can help you stand out in virtually any circumstance: Channel the confidence to act like a leader by recalling a time when you felt powerful.
5. Is It Content or Is It Advertising?: Content Marketing is red hot, but it’s a term that is increasingly ‘overused and underdefined.’
Have a great week, FOT Nation!
Cara is the Marketing Manager here at Kinetix and resident Renaissance woman. She refers to herself as a writer, but we think that’s limiting. Instead we call her many things: co-strategist, idea machine, brand builder, Kinetixizer, social-media plugger, blogger, and all-around creative specialist. If you wanna schmooze, try talking DIY and fitness, then top it off with a quick kid or pet mention—gets her every time. Tweet her at @caralucas44.