Welcome back to another great week with your favorite blogging team! It’s a short week for most of you, with Thanksgiving holidays just around the corner, so before you rush off to celebrate, check out these 5 must-reads below!Should Computers Decide Who Gets Hired?
1. Should Computers Decide Who Gets Hired?: When it comes to reviewing job applications, humans are relatively bad at selecting the best humans.
2. Your Employer Brand Happens With Or Without You: Using your brand is one way to respond and differentiate your company in the market — and the first place to start.
3. Engineers Should Help With Recruiting (Interviewing Is No Longer Enough): The technical hiring landscape is blisteringly competitive, with tech behemoths snatching up scores of the strongest candidates. Partnering with engineers can be a recruiter’s secret weapon.
4. Why Creative People Are More Likely to Be Dishonest: Research has shown that while creative people are adept at coming up with new ideas, they can also be more likely to engage in morally questionable behaviors.
5. Business dining etiquette rules every professional should know: Barbara Pachter provides advice on how to properly act in business and social settings in The Essentials of Business Etiquette: How to Greet, Eat, and Tweet Your Way to Success.
Have a great week, FOT Nation!
Cara is the Marketing Manager here at Kinetix and resident Renaissance woman. She refers to herself as a writer, but we think that’s limiting. Instead we call her many things: co-strategist, idea machine, brand builder, Kinetixizer, social-media plugger, blogger, and all-around creative specialist. If you wanna schmooze, try talking DIY and fitness, then top it off with a quick kid or pet mention—gets her every time. Tweet her at @caralucas44.