Welcome back to another awesome week, FOT Nation! Check out these 5 must-reads to get your week started!
1. The Trade Show of Everything: A few days at China’s Canton Fair, where nearly 200,000 visitors converge to put in the wholesale orders that will stock the world’s shelves
2. Why You Need To Stop Pretending Your Exit Survey Is Useful: Quantum Workplace recently released its State of Employee Feedback report. It found that, although 87% of organizations use either exit surveys or interviews, 24% are still having trouble reducing turnover.
3. The Emotional Combinations That Make Stories Go Viral: New research suggests arousal is just one of the underlying drivers of viral content. High dominance, or a feeling of being in control, may be another key driver behind content that is widely shared.
4. These 5 Startups Used Snapchat To Boost Their Brand (And So Can You): These brands jumped on Snapchat early and have reaped the benefits. They spill their secrets here.
5. Why High-Skilled Freelancers Are Leaving Corporate Life Behind: In some industries, there’s now one freelance “comprehensivist” where there used to be a team of specialists.
Have a great Monday!
Cara is the Marketing Manager here at Kinetix and resident Renaissance woman. She refers to herself as a writer, but we think that’s limiting. Instead we call her many things: co-strategist, idea machine, brand builder, Kinetixizer, social-media plugger, blogger, and all-around creative specialist. If you wanna schmooze, try talking DIY and fitness, then top it off with a quick kid or pet mention—gets her every time. Tweet her at @caralucas44.